Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Update

                  
        Thank you to those who were aware and were praying for me to recover quickly. I came down with Malaria on tuesday but after starting treatment I am feeling so much better already. It is definitely a blessing that I am staying at a hospital and working with an abundance of nurses. I have plenty of people to take care of me.

                  Meanwhile the team was busy organizing the supply closet and repacking all the materials from the outreach week. They also were able to watch a few surgeries and shadows different doctors and nurses throughout the past two days. They had a great time and experienced lots of new things. Yesterday they led the staff devotional with song and sharing about their experiences while being here in Zambia and what God has taught them. We, especially me, are laying low today enjoying the weather and playing with the kids recovering in the ward and then we will have an early to bed night since we will be off to Livingstone tomorrow around 4 am. We will spend tomorrow and Saturday there and then return on Sunday. Then we will head off to America on Monday afternoon! Each day seems to go by slowly, but to think we have been here nearly three weeks, it has gone by much too fast.

               I am grateful to God for all the time here in the word and in prayer with the Lord. I am also grateful for new experiences and lessons learned through the different circumstances that have come up. More than anything I am grateful for the struggles, my own personally, and for those of the team, because they have taught me so much and made me so excited to go home and to apply those lessons to my life and my ministry in Blacksburg. I deeply desire God to change my heart towards the importance of relationships in my life and help me to see them and value them more. I also deeply desire God to make the Gospel more alive in my life and help me to share it more freely and more often, that many can experience the saving knowledge and love of Christ Jesus.

             Leaving is always bittersweet. But I am trusting God to help me through the hardships and bring to light the things of importance and beauty for me to focus on and be changed by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment