Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Taste of Africa

Kumulu
Kumulu mayo
Eko ine nkabila

Kwa lesa
Kwa lesa mayo
Eko ine nkabila

Kugulu
Kugulu bama
Eko ine nkabila


          These are the words to one of the songs we sang multiple times a day in Zambia both last year and this year. The song was written by Pastor Gongalo, the pastor of the local bush church, and put to work by all the locals who love the song! The words mean 'My desire is to be in heaven' in three different languages, three local Zambian languages. These words should be the desire of each one of our hearts. I know I want them to be mine, and I pray through Christ they will be. They definitely make me want to sing and dance!

2 comments:

  1. Lesley, I'm so glad to be able to hear this sweet sweet song again! Thank you! Also, was that Esnati leading the group still?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's her!! She was there everyday with us!

    ReplyDelete