Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Help a meet a huge need in Zambia!

Hey I just received this from JA who is still in Zambia at the CURE Hospital...Pastor Justin served with us last year and this year and is in a tight spot with his family and finances...keep reading if you want to know how you can help!

So if you read my latest blog entry, then you read a story at the bottom about Pastor Justin (from the outreach) and Blessings. Mutinta (his wife), Blessings, and their 5 and a half month old daughter Think Grace have been hopping family and friends homes for around 2 months now because they can't pay for the water bills, or an electric one that would amount to anything. Justin is paying the bare minimum for electric, and the water has been shut off because they have around $350 to pay for overdue bills.

I was able to have dinner with Mutinta when Harold invited me over for dinner on Friday. Several times I just had to look away cause if I looked at her too long I was going to cry. I also got to hold Think Grace and play with her. There is NO reason why they can't be at home with their dad, and it's time that we saw to that.

I have no clue where any of you are financially. So please don't feel like I'm cornering you. If you don't have many to spare, it's fine. But I do know some hard facts for us to swallow: we're rich, even if we're poor by American standards. We could easily skip a few meals. Add that to the fact that Harold said about $50-60/month should give the family good electricity and keep the water running, and my heart can't stop breaking for their situation.

So we for sure need $350, but I would love to set them up for a year. I asked Harold, and this is the best way to go about it.

Again, I know it's short notice, but God's done a lot bigger things in 1 day, so we have one week (and we have Him on our side). Ask your friends, your family, your church. Let's reunite this family.

Love ya.
And hello from Africa.-JA


        Let me know if you want to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment