Thursday, July 21, 2011

Limitless


Miles and miles of outstretched savannah lie before me,
clouds of dust sweep across the horizon

The land is barren and the vegetation aching,
yet I see glimpses of life hidden within

The scent of water brings life to every being, sustaining every mile,
Near every small spring, shallow pond, or winding river abundance of life is found

I see in those waters the current of a God who loves his creation, who cares for every insignificant bird, giving to all their food in due time

A tree, few and prized, brings refuge to its land,
animals take refuge in its shade and seek escape in its branches

I see in those trees the protection of a God who loves his creation,  who
spreads wide his wings over us and leads us under his shadow

Though the land is barren, trees and waters scarce,

I see a God whose power to sustain is limitless

Though life brings drought and seasons of doubt,

I see reason to believe even then my God will sustain

No comments:

Post a Comment