Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Praying yet again

Everyday as I think about Zambia and what to expect the Lord is reminding me to pray, pray, pray. While I was at Urbana over Christmas break one of the speakers exhorted us to truly learn what it means to pray through the scripture. He explained how as he saw situations and circumstances happening in his life and the lives of others God gave him scripture to pray through them. Ever since that message I have been practicing how to pray through scripture and it has blessed my life in so many ways. I was so blessed by the Holy Spirit in leading me to Acts 13 as a way to pray for Zambia, by looking at how God prepared Paul and Barnabas to go. Read chapter 13 of Acts and pray along with me through the scriptures. There are so many things to pray for but these requests have been specifically on my heart. Pray with me that:

1. We surround ourselves with hearts of fasting and prayer in community (Acts 13:3)

2. We are sent out in the Holy Spirit (Acts 13:4)

3. God prepares us in the word to proclaim the gospel (Acts 13:5)

4. God provides “Sergius`” in Zambia to hear the word and believe! (Acts 13:7-12)

5. God protects us from evil and distractions (Acts 13:10)

6. God gives us the strength and endurance to stand for him (Acts 13:16)

7. God does a work in Zambia that you won`t even believe when told (Acts 13:41)

No comments:

Post a Comment