Monday, May 3, 2010

I am thankful each new day how God is challenging me to place my trust and hope in his providence every day. Little by little he is providing for me and for my entire team. I have decided against doing a Moe’s night at VT because they are booked until late May. So I am sticking to handing out M&Ms while I am here and then kicking off fundraising once I am back in STL. THANK YOU each of you who have taken the time to fill M&M containers for my trip. I am so blessed by each one of you who have helped provide my way to Zambia. THANK YOU to each of you who I know are praying for my trip, team members, and me. Yesterday our team had our very first conference call. It was wonderful to hear each voice on the phone and to be able to pray together in the name and for the glory of Christ. We found out lots of new and specific information about the trip and every bit of news made me more and more excited to go. We heard more about Harold and Charity whom we will be working with most of the time there in the CURE hospital and in the fieldwork. And able to pray for them as well by name. That God will go before each of us here and prepare their hands to heal and their hearts to serve in the love and strength of Christ. We also found out that our cost for visas and the recreation day in Zimbabwe were not included in our total costs so my overall goal has gone up $360. Right now I am 65% of the way towards my goal with $2900!! Literally everyday I am blown away with the hearts God calls to give and all the love and support I, and many others going on summer missions, are receiving. It is such a blessing to see his kingdom coming together for his global cause. I have 3 days of classes left, and 3 finals, and then I will be heading to STL! And fundraising will get off the ground. I will keep you updated. Thank you again!


The Lord your God who goes before you will himself fight for you, just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes and in the wilderness where you have seen how the Lord your God carried you all the way until you came to this place. Deuteronomy 1:3-32

Remember the great trials that your eyes saw, the sings, the wonders, the mighty hand,

and the outstretched arm, by which the Lord your God brought you out. The Lord

your God is in your midst, a great and awesome God!! Deuteronomy 7:19, 21

No comments:

Post a Comment