Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

The incredible rainbow God gave us in Wyoming on the road trip...


Rainbows appear after mighty storms
when things look their very worst
Just when skies are darkest gray
look for the rainbow first.
The rainbow is a sign of God`s promise
that he will guide us through any storm. 
That he will see us through all our trouble
no matter what their form.

When you feel battered by Life's storms,
And you are filled with doubt and dismay,
Just remember God's rainbow will come,
For it's only a prayer away.


"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds,
 I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between 
God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
Genesis 9:16


          Though my heart finds itself now in solitude, I must rejoice in telling you that as of this morning my funds are all in! I am completely funded for my flight and the cost of the trip,  to support Cure in doing the village outreach in Mpongwe, with all remaining funds going towards surgeries at the hospital! Just when I doubt...just when I worry...just when I surrender and say, "Okay Lord, you are in control, all I can do is trust you." He provides. The Lord God our provider, Jehovah Jireh never fails. 
         He never stops being faithful to us: faithful in love, faithful in provision. This is a lesson I am learning constantly lately, not only in regards to Zambia, but God is definitely using this trip and the preparation to teach me yet again. I pray I will keep learning how to trust him with the lost in my life, jobs, school, friendships, my family, money, and life completely. He is all I need, he is more than enough for all of me. 

          His rainbows are only a prayer away...

          Thank you for being faithful supporters of this trip and all the work and preparation that goes into it, as well as praying for God to go before us and be with us, because we know that we can do nothing apart from him. And he longs that your prayers be an essential part of that. So thank you, thank you for trusting him in giving your time, money, and prayers to support Cure and support the go team for this summer. 

"Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." Luke 11:28


No comments:

Post a Comment